1.5 cups gluten free flour (I use King Arthur Gluten Free Measure for Measure Flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
6 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 stick salted butter, softened
¼ cup sweetened apple sauce
½ bag Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, combine butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar and mix on low setting until combined.
- Add applesauce and vanilla extract to butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar mixture and continue to mix on low setting for approximately 1 minute (will appear light tan in color)
- Keeping mixer on low setting, slowly add in dry ingredients until combined and a ball of dough is formed.
- Stop mixer and add in chocolate chips. Turn mixer on low setting and mix for about 10 seconds until combined.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough using a spoon or scoop and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (place about 2 inches apart).
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes until bottoms are a light golden color. Don’t over bake or they will become hard.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Makes 24 cookies!
- If using a stand mixer, use blade attachment not dough hook
- If you don’t have parchment paper or silicone baking mats, grease cookie sheet for best results.
- To make these vegan, use vegan butter in place of salted butter.