1 pound chicken breast
14 ounce can of Red enchilada sauce (split)
4.5 ounce can of green chilies
6 ounces ⅓ less fat cream cheese
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
½ cup slivered almonds (optional)
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
10 corn or flour tortillas
- Place chicken, ¾ can of enchilada sauce, green chilies, chili powder, and garlic salt in crockpot on high for 6 hours.
- Reserve ¼ can of enchilada sauce in separate container and place in fridge.
- Add cream cheese and stir until incorporated.
- Turn heat to low.
- Add slivered almonds right before serving. Stir well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto tortillas and fold and place in greased baking dish.
- Top enchiladas with remaining enchilada sauce and shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Chicken mixture is versatile and can be served over tortilla chips for nachos or over rice!
- Almonds are optional and add texture. Omit if making these on a regular macro day to lower to the fat grams.
- You can make the chicken mixture in one pan if you don’t have a crockpot. Cook chicken through and then add in enchilada sauce, green chilies, chili powder, and garlic salt. Let simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in cream cheese and let simmer for 5 more minutes. Add almonds (if using them) right before serving.
This is my hubby’s recipe and just like he is, it’s a keeper!
Tag me on Instagram @jessssssleigh if you make these!
Macros per enchilada: (with almonds)
Fat: 13.5 g
Carbs: 13.3g (10.8g net carbs)