I'm not a big fan of winter, but I do love a nice warm cup of Hot Chocolate on a cold day!
This homemade hot chocolate recipe is simple, easy to make, and tastes better than the powdered stuff. That's because I use mini chocolate chips! Oh, and it happens to be dairy free!
You can top your hot chocolate with a variety of things, but I've listed my favorites for you here:
- mini marshmallows
- crushed candy canes
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- drizzle of chocolate syrup
- whipped cream (dairy free options are out there!
Yes, this hot chocolate is high in fat grams, but it's also high in fiber! And you can stir in a couple scoops of collagen peptides to amp up the protein!
The Best Hot Chocolate (and it's Dairy Free)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk vanilla almond milk is delicious for this recipe
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips Enjoy Life brand is my favorite
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch salt trust me on this one
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and turn heat to medium
- Bring to a simmer, not a boil, stirring often, until chocolate chips have melted and everything is combined
- Pour into a mug and top with your favorite toppings (popular options listed above)
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases