Do you ever get a craving for something sweet but you don’t want to veer off of your nutrition plan? Well you’re in luck because my peanut butter freezer fudge is made with just 4 simple ingredients that are perfect for a low carb lifestyle! If you’re living the FASTer Way, you can make these work on regular macro days as well!
1 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoon softened coconut oil (not melted)
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add peanut butter to microwave safe dish and heat for 30 seconds.
- Remove peanut butter from microwave and stir.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to peanut butter and stir until combined.
- Line mini muffin pan with 16 liners.
- Add mixture to muffin cups.
- Place muffin pan in freezer for 2 hours to set.
- Keeping fudge in muffin cups, remove the cups from the muffin pan and place them in a freezer storage container.
- Store in freezer for up to 2 weeks. (If they last that long!)
Tips and Variations:
- Unrefined coconut oil will add a coconut flavor while refined coconut oil will not. You can use either for this recipe.
- Top with flaky sea salt or pink Himalayan salt before placing in freezer if you like sweet and salty treats.
- Split recipe in half and add 2 tablespoon cacao powder to one half. Layer in muffin cups to create chocolate peanut butter cups!
- Add 3 tablespoon cacao powder to mixture for a chocolaty flavor.
- Add mini dark chocolate chips to mixture before spooning into muffin cups.
- Use nut butter of your choice. If using almond butter, add an extra tablespoon of maple syrup to recipe.
Macros per 1 piece serving: (one muffin cup is one piece)
Carbs 4.4g, Fiber 1g, Fat 9.8g, Protein 3.5g