Summertime means lots of cookouts with family and friends. Show up this year with a side dish everyone will love, even your gluten-loving friends! This pasta salad is bursting with flavor and sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
I first made this yummy side dish for a cookout with my mother-in-law. She couldn't stop raving about how delicious it is! Even my very picky bonus child ate more than one bite...that's how I know I have a winner!
If you want to cut corners, you could easily use a store-bought Italian dressing in place of the homemade dressing, and it will still be a delicious side dish your friends and family will ask for each time you get together!
Gluten Free Italian Pasta Salad
- 6 ounces Gluten Free pasta I used Barilla Gluten Free Rotini
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar you could use white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ tbsp minced garlic about 1-2 cloves
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice about half a lemon
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes ½ an 8 ounce block
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced into thirds
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse with cold water while still in strainer, and add to a large mixing bowl
- While pasta cooks, make dressing by adding oil, vinegar, garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, red prepper, black pepper, minced garlic, parmesan, and lemon juice to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine
- Pour dressing over cooked, cooled pasta and stir to combine
- Add cheese cubes and sliced tomatoes to pasta and stir again to combine
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving
- Store leftovers in airtight container in fridge for up to 3 days