When it comes to easy, delicious, and versatile recipes, pasta salad always steals the show. Today, we're diving into the world of gluten-free goodness with a mouthwatering Gluten Free Ranch Pasta Salad that combines the rich, creamy flavor of ranch dressing with the satisfying texture of gluten-free pasta. Whether you're gluten-sensitive or simply looking to explore new culinary horizons, this recipe is bound to become a staple in your kitchen.
Banza chickpea shells pasta (or your favorite gluten-free pasta)
Mayo (Duke's is my top choice)
Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix (or ranch seasoning)
Frozen peas, thawed
Shredded cheddar cheese or finely diced cubes of cheddar cheese
1 bell pepper, diced
1 green onion, finely chopped
½ red onion, finely chopped
½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
3 strips turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup fresh broccoli florets
These fresh veggies not only add color but also contribute a delightful crunch to every bite.
- Cook the Gluten-Free Pasta:Boil the gluten-free pasta according to the package instructions. Ensure it's cooked al dente for the best texture. Once done, drain and rinse the pasta under cool water to stop the cooking process.
- Prepare the Creamy Ranch Dressing:In a large mixing bowl, combine mayo and the Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix (or ranch seasoning). Mix thoroughly until the dressing is smooth and well incorporated. This forms the flavorful base of our pasta salad.
- Assemble the Salad:Add the cooked pasta to the bowl with the ranch dressing. Mix gently until the pasta is evenly coated with the creamy goodness.
- Add the Peas and Cheese:Toss in the thawed peas, shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve and Enjoy:Give the pasta salad a final toss and serve it up as the perfect side dish or a complete meal on its own.
Additional Tips and Variations:
- Meal Prepping:This gluten-free ranch pasta salad is an excellent candidate for meal prepping. Make a big batch over the weekend and divide it into individual portions for easy grab-and-go lunches throughout the week.
- Vegan Option:For a vegan twist, substitute vegan mayo and use a plant-based ranch dressing. You can find vegan mayo and ranch dressing at your local grocery store or make your own using ingredients like vegan yogurt, vegan sour cream, and onion powder.
- Exploring Pasta Choices:Experiment with different gluten-free pasta options like brown rice pasta, corn flour pasta, or even chickpea pasta for added variety.
- Customize to Taste:Feel free to customize the recipe to suit your preferences. Add black beans, cubes of vegan cheese, or roasted vegetables for even more flavor and nutrition.
In the world of pasta salads, this Gluten Free Ranch Pasta Salad stands out as a delicious and satisfying option for everyone, regardless of dietary preferences or restrictions. Packed with fresh veggies, creamy dressing, and the perfect balance of flavors, this dish is sure to become a reader favorite and a go-to for summer parties, weeknight family meals, and everything in between. Give it a try and discover the joy of a gluten-free pasta salad that's not only good for you but also irresistibly tasty.
For more delicious Pasta Salad Recipes, check these out:
Gluten Free Ranch Pasta Salad
- 1 box Banza chickpea pasta shells
- ½ cup mayo I use Duke's
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix
- ⅓ cup frozen peas thawed
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain, and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Place frozen peas in microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mayo and ranch seasoning, and stir until combined.
- Add pasta and peas to mixing bowl and stir until coated with mayo and ranch mixture.
- Add shredded cheddar and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!