Who doesn't love a Big Mac?! This Big Mac Bowl is made with lean beef and served over a bed of lettuce for a delicious low carb option that is also better for you! And it's gluten free!
Shortcut: You can use your favorite store-bought Thousand Island Dressing to save time! Or make the homemade Thousand Island Dressing ahead of time!
Let's get right to the recipe!
Big Mac Salad (low carb, gluten free)
For the Salad
- 4 cups Romaine or Iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef 92-96% lean is best!
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, sliced into thin strips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup dill pickes, thinly sliced
- Thousand Island Dressing to taste
For the Dressing
- 1 cup mayo
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish or minced dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar distilled white vinegar works too
Prepare the Dressing
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine
For the Salad
- Add ground beef, seasoned salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce to a medium skillet and turn heat to medium. Cook until beef is cooked through and no longer pink. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Prepare your salad by adding 1 cup chopped Romaine or Iceberg lettuce to 4 separate bowls. Top with 4 ounces cooked ground beef (¼ of mixture), ½ cup shredded cheddar, ¼ cup diced pickles, sliced onions, and drizzle with dressing
- Dig in and enjoy!
- Calories: 134
- Carbs: 2.6g
- Fat: 13.7g
- Protein: 0.3g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sugar: 1.7g