Easy Sloppy Joes
When the COVID-19 pandemic locked down our world in March 2020, I started putting together recipes based on ingredients I had on hand. This sloppy joe recipe is one positive result of the pandemic because it brought me back to happy times in my life, like when my grandmother would make sloppy joes for all of the grandkids when we were hanging out at her house. To say this meal is comfort food is an understatement. Even my husband paused after a few bites and said it made him think of his grandmother because she always made him sloppy joes. And the best part is that is made with a few simple ingredients you may already have in your pantry and fridge and without the high fructose corn syrup found in canned brands.
- 1 ½ cups ketchup use one with clean ingredients
- ⅓ cup yellow mustard use one with clean ingredients
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- gluten free buns (Schar ciabatta rolls are my personal fave)
- Heat a medium skillet to medium-high heat and cook ground turkey until cooked through
- In a medium saucepan, combine ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, and worcestershire sauce and stir to combine. Cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, until the sugar has melted and the sauce is warm
- Add the sauce to the cooked ground turkey and stir to combine
- Serve on gluten free buns, like Schar ciabatta rolls!
Makes 4 servings Macros per serving: Calories 324, Carbs 41.5g, Fat 7.1g, Protein 23.9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!