Homemade dressings take a store-bought bag of lettuce and transform it into a homemade meal! And this Thousand Island Dressing recipe is no exception! I first made this dressing for a Big Mac Salad, but I quickly realized it needs it's own place on the blog because it's so delicious!
Yes, this dressing is primarily used for salads, but it's more versatile than that. Spread it on a burger, dip your fries in it, use it as a sandwich spread...the possibilities are only limited by your imagination!
The best part about making dressings instead of buying them is that you know exactly what ingredients are being put into them, and you can leave out the preservatives.
You'll need just a few basic ingredients, most of which you probably already have stocked in your kitchen. So let's get to the recipe!
Other Dressing Recipes:
Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 cup mayo
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons minced onion yellow, sweet, or white have a milder flavor
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish or minced dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar distilled white vinegar or lemon juice work too
- Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir until combined
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week